Beyond Good and Evil 2 will not make this console generation says Ancel
Ubisoft's Michel Ancel has delivered some bad news for gamers eager to get their hands on a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil.
Ancel confirmed that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still very much alive and deep in development but it is being aimed at the next generation of home console hardware.
He said: "It is still alive and we are very far [into] development so we cant go back now. We are targeting the next generation of consoles."
Beyond Good and Evil 2 was teased way back in 2008 and it has been rumoured to have been cancelled and reinstated several times since then. Ubisoft have appeased fans somewhat this year with an HD remastered version of the original Beyond Good and Evil on console download services.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer