Beyond Good and Evil 2 will not make this console generation says Ancel
Ubisoft's Michel Ancel has delivered some bad news for gamers eager to get their hands on a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil.
Ancel confirmed that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still very much alive and deep in development but it is being aimed at the next generation of home console hardware.
He said: "It is still alive and we are very far [into] development so we cant go back now. We are targeting the next generation of consoles."
Beyond Good and Evil 2 was teased way back in 2008 and it has been rumoured to have been cancelled and reinstated several times since then. Ubisoft have appeased fans somewhat this year with an HD remastered version of the original Beyond Good and Evil on console download services.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year