Beyond Good and Evil 2 will not make this console generation says Ancel
Ubisoft's Michel Ancel has delivered some bad news for gamers eager to get their hands on a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil.
Ancel confirmed that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still very much alive and deep in development but it is being aimed at the next generation of home console hardware.
He said: "It is still alive and we are very far [into] development so we cant go back now. We are targeting the next generation of consoles."
Beyond Good and Evil 2 was teased way back in 2008 and it has been rumoured to have been cancelled and reinstated several times since then. Ubisoft have appeased fans somewhat this year with an HD remastered version of the original Beyond Good and Evil on console download services.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto