Beyond Good and Evil 2 will not make this console generation says Ancel
Ubisoft's Michel Ancel has delivered some bad news for gamers eager to get their hands on a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil.
Ancel confirmed that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still very much alive and deep in development but it is being aimed at the next generation of home console hardware.
He said: "It is still alive and we are very far [into] development so we cant go back now. We are targeting the next generation of consoles."
Beyond Good and Evil 2 was teased way back in 2008 and it has been rumoured to have been cancelled and reinstated several times since then. Ubisoft have appeased fans somewhat this year with an HD remastered version of the original Beyond Good and Evil on console download services.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year