Beyond Good and Evil 2 will not make this console generation says Ancel
Ubisoft's Michel Ancel has delivered some bad news for gamers eager to get their hands on a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil.
Ancel confirmed that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still very much alive and deep in development but it is being aimed at the next generation of home console hardware.
He said: "It is still alive and we are very far [into] development so we cant go back now. We are targeting the next generation of consoles."
Beyond Good and Evil 2 was teased way back in 2008 and it has been rumoured to have been cancelled and reinstated several times since then. Ubisoft have appeased fans somewhat this year with an HD remastered version of the original Beyond Good and Evil on console download services.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3