Fils-Aime: Wii U third party E3 trailer footage taken from 360 and PS3 versions
Nintendo's Reggie Fils-AIme has confessed that they used game footage from PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the third party titles announced for the Wii U.
At their E3 press conference they announced Wii U versions of games like Ninja Gaiden 3, Aliens Colonial Marines, Batman: Arkham City and Metro: Last Light. There was even the announcement that Darksiders 2 would be one of the Wii U's launch titles.
The footage on the trailer the ran though was all take from the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the games because they are much further along in their development cycle than the Wii U versions which are still over a year away.
Fils-Aime added: "There has been some fantastic content that has not come to our platform. Third party publishers have told us that the reason they couldn't bring it to our platform was based on the horsepower of the machine. That excuse is gone. So now all of the best content can come to the machine."
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday