Fils-Aime: Wii U third party E3 trailer footage taken from 360 and PS3 versions
Nintendo's Reggie Fils-AIme has confessed that they used game footage from PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the third party titles announced for the Wii U.
At their E3 press conference they announced Wii U versions of games like Ninja Gaiden 3, Aliens Colonial Marines, Batman: Arkham City and Metro: Last Light. There was even the announcement that Darksiders 2 would be one of the Wii U's launch titles.
The footage on the trailer the ran though was all take from the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the games because they are much further along in their development cycle than the Wii U versions which are still over a year away.
Fils-Aime added: "There has been some fantastic content that has not come to our platform. Third party publishers have told us that the reason they couldn't bring it to our platform was based on the horsepower of the machine. That excuse is gone. So now all of the best content can come to the machine."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3