Fils-Aime: Wii U third party E3 trailer footage taken from 360 and PS3 versions
Nintendo's Reggie Fils-AIme has confessed that they used game footage from PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the third party titles announced for the Wii U.
At their E3 press conference they announced Wii U versions of games like Ninja Gaiden 3, Aliens Colonial Marines, Batman: Arkham City and Metro: Last Light. There was even the announcement that Darksiders 2 would be one of the Wii U's launch titles.
The footage on the trailer the ran though was all take from the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the games because they are much further along in their development cycle than the Wii U versions which are still over a year away.
Fils-Aime added: "There has been some fantastic content that has not come to our platform. Third party publishers have told us that the reason they couldn't bring it to our platform was based on the horsepower of the machine. That excuse is gone. So now all of the best content can come to the machine."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone