Fils-Aime: Wii U third party E3 trailer footage taken from 360 and PS3 versions
Nintendo's Reggie Fils-AIme has confessed that they used game footage from PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the third party titles announced for the Wii U.
At their E3 press conference they announced Wii U versions of games like Ninja Gaiden 3, Aliens Colonial Marines, Batman: Arkham City and Metro: Last Light. There was even the announcement that Darksiders 2 would be one of the Wii U's launch titles.
The footage on the trailer the ran though was all take from the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the games because they are much further along in their development cycle than the Wii U versions which are still over a year away.
Fils-Aime added: "There has been some fantastic content that has not come to our platform. Third party publishers have told us that the reason they couldn't bring it to our platform was based on the horsepower of the machine. That excuse is gone. So now all of the best content can come to the machine."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light