Project Cafe revealed as the Wii U
Reggie Fils-Aime has revealed the curious name for their new home console. Project Cafe will be named the Wii U.
The new controller looks like the offspring of a tablet computer and the Wii Classic Controller with built-in camera and a microphone and a gyroscope. There are traditional controls on either side of the screen including two analogue sticks, triggers and rumble
Featuring a 6.2 inch touch screen and compatible with the existing Wii controllers this can open up a huge range of new control options for games.
This screen-based controller can also be used to play games without the need to be plugged into a big TV, especially useful if you want to watch something on the telly without missing out on playing through a crucial moment in your game.
The machine has web-browsing capabilities and video chat functions as well as allowing dual-screen gaming in a home environment.
This is the ultimate blend of what Nintendo has learned from building both the Wii and the DS and will be released on in 2012.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny