Project Cafe revealed as the Wii U
Reggie Fils-Aime has revealed the curious name for their new home console. Project Cafe will be named the Wii U.
The new controller looks like the offspring of a tablet computer and the Wii Classic Controller with built-in camera and a microphone and a gyroscope. There are traditional controls on either side of the screen including two analogue sticks, triggers and rumble
Featuring a 6.2 inch touch screen and compatible with the existing Wii controllers this can open up a huge range of new control options for games.
This screen-based controller can also be used to play games without the need to be plugged into a big TV, especially useful if you want to watch something on the telly without missing out on playing through a crucial moment in your game.
The machine has web-browsing capabilities and video chat functions as well as allowing dual-screen gaming in a home environment.
This is the ultimate blend of what Nintendo has learned from building both the Wii and the DS and will be released on in 2012.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side