Project Cafe revealed as the Wii U
Reggie Fils-Aime has revealed the curious name for their new home console. Project Cafe will be named the Wii U.
The new controller looks like the offspring of a tablet computer and the Wii Classic Controller with built-in camera and a microphone and a gyroscope. There are traditional controls on either side of the screen including two analogue sticks, triggers and rumble
Featuring a 6.2 inch touch screen and compatible with the existing Wii controllers this can open up a huge range of new control options for games.
This screen-based controller can also be used to play games without the need to be plugged into a big TV, especially useful if you want to watch something on the telly without missing out on playing through a crucial moment in your game.
The machine has web-browsing capabilities and video chat functions as well as allowing dual-screen gaming in a home environment.
This is the ultimate blend of what Nintendo has learned from building both the Wii and the DS and will be released on in 2012.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer