Project Cafe revealed as the Wii U
Reggie Fils-Aime has revealed the curious name for their new home console. Project Cafe will be named the Wii U.
The new controller looks like the offspring of a tablet computer and the Wii Classic Controller with built-in camera and a microphone and a gyroscope. There are traditional controls on either side of the screen including two analogue sticks, triggers and rumble
Featuring a 6.2 inch touch screen and compatible with the existing Wii controllers this can open up a huge range of new control options for games.
This screen-based controller can also be used to play games without the need to be plugged into a big TV, especially useful if you want to watch something on the telly without missing out on playing through a crucial moment in your game.
The machine has web-browsing capabilities and video chat functions as well as allowing dual-screen gaming in a home environment.
This is the ultimate blend of what Nintendo has learned from building both the Wii and the DS and will be released on in 2012.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3