PS Vita will cross platform play with the PS3
Sony has detailed several ways in which the PS Vita can share content and play games online with its bigger home console brother.
Content will be shared between both PS3 and PS Vita versions of games like ModNation Racers allowing players to share tracks no matter what platform they are playing on.
New titles such as multiplayer action RPG Ruin which will be available on both platforms can use cloud saves on PSN to carry on play from PS3 to PS Vita and vice versa.
This is just the tip of the iceberg though with titles like LittleBigPlanet confirmed for the PS Vita some time after launch bringing even more new features.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side