The NGP is officially PlayStation Vita
Kaz Hirai took over from Jack Tretton to tale about the NGP and unveil it's real name.
Hirai has confirmed that the NGP will indeed be named PlayStation Vita, a name which stands for the ambition that Sony has for the device: the blurring of lines between life and gaming.
Like Nintendo Sony will be partnering with ISPs in order to bring wireless connectivity for PS Vita gamers with AT&T being their exclusive partner in the US.
PS Vita will feature social networking and connection tools Party and Near that will allow players to meet, connect an share gaming experiences while on the move with more details coming soon.
Sony is promising that some 80 titles are currently in development for the PS Vita.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released