The NGP is officially PlayStation Vita
Kaz Hirai took over from Jack Tretton to tale about the NGP and unveil it's real name.
Hirai has confirmed that the NGP will indeed be named PlayStation Vita, a name which stands for the ambition that Sony has for the device: the blurring of lines between life and gaming.
Like Nintendo Sony will be partnering with ISPs in order to bring wireless connectivity for PS Vita gamers with AT&T being their exclusive partner in the US.
PS Vita will feature social networking and connection tools Party and Near that will allow players to meet, connect an share gaming experiences while on the move with more details coming soon.
Sony is promising that some 80 titles are currently in development for the PS Vita.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO