The NGP is officially PlayStation Vita
Kaz Hirai took over from Jack Tretton to tale about the NGP and unveil it's real name.
Hirai has confirmed that the NGP will indeed be named PlayStation Vita, a name which stands for the ambition that Sony has for the device: the blurring of lines between life and gaming.
Like Nintendo Sony will be partnering with ISPs in order to bring wireless connectivity for PS Vita gamers with AT&T being their exclusive partner in the US.
PS Vita will feature social networking and connection tools Party and Near that will allow players to meet, connect an share gaming experiences while on the move with more details coming soon.
Sony is promising that some 80 titles are currently in development for the PS Vita.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title