The NGP is officially PlayStation Vita
Kaz Hirai took over from Jack Tretton to tale about the NGP and unveil it's real name.
Hirai has confirmed that the NGP will indeed be named PlayStation Vita, a name which stands for the ambition that Sony has for the device: the blurring of lines between life and gaming.
Like Nintendo Sony will be partnering with ISPs in order to bring wireless connectivity for PS Vita gamers with AT&T being their exclusive partner in the US.
PS Vita will feature social networking and connection tools Party and Near that will allow players to meet, connect an share gaming experiences while on the move with more details coming soon.
Sony is promising that some 80 titles are currently in development for the PS Vita.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave