The NGP is officially PlayStation Vita
Kaz Hirai took over from Jack Tretton to tale about the NGP and unveil it's real name.
Hirai has confirmed that the NGP will indeed be named PlayStation Vita, a name which stands for the ambition that Sony has for the device: the blurring of lines between life and gaming.
Like Nintendo Sony will be partnering with ISPs in order to bring wireless connectivity for PS Vita gamers with AT&T being their exclusive partner in the US.
PS Vita will feature social networking and connection tools Party and Near that will allow players to meet, connect an share gaming experiences while on the move with more details coming soon.
Sony is promising that some 80 titles are currently in development for the PS Vita.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year