Tomb Raider debuts at Microsoft press conference
Crystal Dynamics popped up at the Microsoft press conference this morning in LA to premiere the next outing in the Tomb Raider saga.
The game is a reboot of the series telling the story of a 21-year-old Lara Croft as she begins her life as a tomb raider.
The new footage is quite a visceral and intimate experience using a lot of close camera-work to bring the players closer to the action. There's lots of attractive fire and water effects and there's a lot of talking from a clearly very green Lara Croft as she figures out how to escape the tomb she's fallen into.
The environments seem far more dynamic than in previous games in the series and it does feel like they have been working very hard to really bring the series back to life, with more than a little influence from Nathan Drake.
Tomb Raider will launch in the autumn of 2012.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto