Tomb Raider debuts at Microsoft press conference
Crystal Dynamics popped up at the Microsoft press conference this morning in LA to premiere the next outing in the Tomb Raider saga.
The game is a reboot of the series telling the story of a 21-year-old Lara Croft as she begins her life as a tomb raider.
The new footage is quite a visceral and intimate experience using a lot of close camera-work to bring the players closer to the action. There's lots of attractive fire and water effects and there's a lot of talking from a clearly very green Lara Croft as she figures out how to escape the tomb she's fallen into.
The environments seem far more dynamic than in previous games in the series and it does feel like they have been working very hard to really bring the series back to life, with more than a little influence from Nathan Drake.
Tomb Raider will launch in the autumn of 2012.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year