Tomb Raider debuts at Microsoft press conference
Crystal Dynamics popped up at the Microsoft press conference this morning in LA to premiere the next outing in the Tomb Raider saga.
The game is a reboot of the series telling the story of a 21-year-old Lara Croft as she begins her life as a tomb raider.
The new footage is quite a visceral and intimate experience using a lot of close camera-work to bring the players closer to the action. There's lots of attractive fire and water effects and there's a lot of talking from a clearly very green Lara Croft as she figures out how to escape the tomb she's fallen into.
The environments seem far more dynamic than in previous games in the series and it does feel like they have been working very hard to really bring the series back to life, with more than a little influence from Nathan Drake.
Tomb Raider will launch in the autumn of 2012.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer