Tomb Raider debuts at Microsoft press conference
Crystal Dynamics popped up at the Microsoft press conference this morning in LA to premiere the next outing in the Tomb Raider saga.
The game is a reboot of the series telling the story of a 21-year-old Lara Croft as she begins her life as a tomb raider.
The new footage is quite a visceral and intimate experience using a lot of close camera-work to bring the players closer to the action. There's lots of attractive fire and water effects and there's a lot of talking from a clearly very green Lara Croft as she figures out how to escape the tomb she's fallen into.
The environments seem far more dynamic than in previous games in the series and it does feel like they have been working very hard to really bring the series back to life, with more than a little influence from Nathan Drake.
Tomb Raider will launch in the autumn of 2012.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3