Tomb Raider debuts at Microsoft press conference
Crystal Dynamics popped up at the Microsoft press conference this morning in LA to premiere the next outing in the Tomb Raider saga.
The game is a reboot of the series telling the story of a 21-year-old Lara Croft as she begins her life as a tomb raider.
The new footage is quite a visceral and intimate experience using a lot of close camera-work to bring the players closer to the action. There's lots of attractive fire and water effects and there's a lot of talking from a clearly very green Lara Croft as she figures out how to escape the tomb she's fallen into.
The environments seem far more dynamic than in previous games in the series and it does feel like they have been working very hard to really bring the series back to life, with more than a little influence from Nathan Drake.
Tomb Raider will launch in the autumn of 2012.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone