E3: What to expect from Nintendo
The official unveiling of their new hardware, codenamed Project Cafe, has been surrounded by a tempest of speculation over the systems specifications and, more particularly, the design of the controllers.
Can Nintendo pull off another major coup with a new touch-screen motion sensing controller that may or may not be interchangeable with the 3DS? This week will be our chance to find out if the rumours are true.
The software support for Project Cafe is also looking interesting with rumours that the as yet unannounced GTA V and Modern Warfare 3 will be featuring on the machine with the Nintendo version of the latter being described as the definitive version of the game.
We should also expect a big fanfare for the arrival of the eStore for the 3DS and the imminent arrival of The Ocarina of Time as well. Satoru Iwata also promised that we'd see more of Mario's first outing on the 3DS which is in development with the boys that brought is Super Mario Galaxy. Again, this will be a busy one from Nintendo.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer