E3: What to expect from Nintendo
The official unveiling of their new hardware, codenamed Project Cafe, has been surrounded by a tempest of speculation over the systems specifications and, more particularly, the design of the controllers.
Can Nintendo pull off another major coup with a new touch-screen motion sensing controller that may or may not be interchangeable with the 3DS? This week will be our chance to find out if the rumours are true.
The software support for Project Cafe is also looking interesting with rumours that the as yet unannounced GTA V and Modern Warfare 3 will be featuring on the machine with the Nintendo version of the latter being described as the definitive version of the game.
We should also expect a big fanfare for the arrival of the eStore for the 3DS and the imminent arrival of The Ocarina of Time as well. Satoru Iwata also promised that we'd see more of Mario's first outing on the 3DS which is in development with the boys that brought is Super Mario Galaxy. Again, this will be a busy one from Nintendo.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week