E3: What to expect from Nintendo
The official unveiling of their new hardware, codenamed Project Cafe, has been surrounded by a tempest of speculation over the systems specifications and, more particularly, the design of the controllers.
Can Nintendo pull off another major coup with a new touch-screen motion sensing controller that may or may not be interchangeable with the 3DS? This week will be our chance to find out if the rumours are true.
The software support for Project Cafe is also looking interesting with rumours that the as yet unannounced GTA V and Modern Warfare 3 will be featuring on the machine with the Nintendo version of the latter being described as the definitive version of the game.
We should also expect a big fanfare for the arrival of the eStore for the 3DS and the imminent arrival of The Ocarina of Time as well. Satoru Iwata also promised that we'd see more of Mario's first outing on the 3DS which is in development with the boys that brought is Super Mario Galaxy. Again, this will be a busy one from Nintendo.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3