2K sets an invasion date for XCOM reboot
2K Games has set a release date for their FPS reboot of the classic XCOM alien invasion series.
XCOM follows the adventures of Special Agent William Carter as he leads a team of elite operatives in a bid to stop a malevolent alien force from conquering earth and destroying all human life in the process.
2K Marin has come up with a gameplay mechanic that adds a tactical element to a blend of gunplay and use of what they call "powerful sci-fi abilities".
XCOM will crash land in the US on March the 6th of next year on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC followed by its European invasion on March the 9th.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users