2K sets an invasion date for XCOM reboot
2K Games has set a release date for their FPS reboot of the classic XCOM alien invasion series.
XCOM follows the adventures of Special Agent William Carter as he leads a team of elite operatives in a bid to stop a malevolent alien force from conquering earth and destroying all human life in the process.
2K Marin has come up with a gameplay mechanic that adds a tactical element to a blend of gunplay and use of what they call "powerful sci-fi abilities".
XCOM will crash land in the US on March the 6th of next year on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC followed by its European invasion on March the 9th.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3