2K sets an invasion date for XCOM reboot
2K Games has set a release date for their FPS reboot of the classic XCOM alien invasion series.
XCOM follows the adventures of Special Agent William Carter as he leads a team of elite operatives in a bid to stop a malevolent alien force from conquering earth and destroying all human life in the process.
2K Marin has come up with a gameplay mechanic that adds a tactical element to a blend of gunplay and use of what they call "powerful sci-fi abilities".
XCOM will crash land in the US on March the 6th of next year on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC followed by its European invasion on March the 9th.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title