No Flash support for the 3DS
Nintendo has implied that the 3DS will not support Flash as part of its web browsing capabilities.
According to a translation of Nintendo's official Japanese website Nintendo will be following Apple's line of not supporting Flash on its handhelds and consequently preventing access to the myriad of Flash games available for free on the internet.
The 3DS will get its full internet surfing capabilities in its first major firmware update. As well as the web browser, the new firmware includes the Nintendo eStore which opens up downloadable software to the 3DS including 3DSWare, DSiWare and the Virtual Console which will be stocked with Gameboy and Gameboy Colour titles to begin with.
The 3DS firmware update is due to go live next week and will also add 3D video support to the handheld.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015