No Flash support for the 3DS
Nintendo has implied that the 3DS will not support Flash as part of its web browsing capabilities.
According to a translation of Nintendo's official Japanese website Nintendo will be following Apple's line of not supporting Flash on its handhelds and consequently preventing access to the myriad of Flash games available for free on the internet.
The 3DS will get its full internet surfing capabilities in its first major firmware update. As well as the web browser, the new firmware includes the Nintendo eStore which opens up downloadable software to the 3DS including 3DSWare, DSiWare and the Virtual Console which will be stocked with Gameboy and Gameboy Colour titles to begin with.
The 3DS firmware update is due to go live next week and will also add 3D video support to the handheld.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent