No Flash support for the 3DS
Nintendo has implied that the 3DS will not support Flash as part of its web browsing capabilities.
According to a translation of Nintendo's official Japanese website Nintendo will be following Apple's line of not supporting Flash on its handhelds and consequently preventing access to the myriad of Flash games available for free on the internet.
The 3DS will get its full internet surfing capabilities in its first major firmware update. As well as the web browser, the new firmware includes the Nintendo eStore which opens up downloadable software to the 3DS including 3DSWare, DSiWare and the Virtual Console which will be stocked with Gameboy and Gameboy Colour titles to begin with.
The 3DS firmware update is due to go live next week and will also add 3D video support to the handheld.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May