FEAR 3 promises a completely new multiplayer experience
The associate producer on FEAR 3, Jason Frederick has been talking up the multiplayer modes on the latest installment of the horror-FPS series.
Frederick explained in an interview with GameSpot that they have ditched traditional FPS multiplayer modes like deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag in favour of creating an experience only available in FEAR 3.
He began: "We have four different multiplayer modes, and we deliberately and consciously tossed out deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag. We got rid of those game modes."
Frederick elaborated: "You can pick up any shooter these days and you can play deathmatch. There are some people who are a little bit upset about this, but ultimately, its better for our particular game because weve created multiplayer modes now that you can only get from F.E.A.R. 3.So you decide to play one of these multiplayer modes, you can only pick up F.E.A.R. 3. You cant pick up any other game and get these."
FEAR 3'S four multiplayer modes are called Contractions, Soul King, F**king Run and Soul Survivor and the first three have been detailed in the game's recent series of trailers.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015