FEAR 3 promises a completely new multiplayer experience
The associate producer on FEAR 3, Jason Frederick has been talking up the multiplayer modes on the latest installment of the horror-FPS series.
Frederick explained in an interview with GameSpot that they have ditched traditional FPS multiplayer modes like deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag in favour of creating an experience only available in FEAR 3.
He began: "We have four different multiplayer modes, and we deliberately and consciously tossed out deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag. We got rid of those game modes."
Frederick elaborated: "You can pick up any shooter these days and you can play deathmatch. There are some people who are a little bit upset about this, but ultimately, its better for our particular game because weve created multiplayer modes now that you can only get from F.E.A.R. 3.So you decide to play one of these multiplayer modes, you can only pick up F.E.A.R. 3. You cant pick up any other game and get these."
FEAR 3'S four multiplayer modes are called Contractions, Soul King, F**king Run and Soul Survivor and the first three have been detailed in the game's recent series of trailers.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone