FEAR 3 promises a completely new multiplayer experience
The associate producer on FEAR 3, Jason Frederick has been talking up the multiplayer modes on the latest installment of the horror-FPS series.
Frederick explained in an interview with GameSpot that they have ditched traditional FPS multiplayer modes like deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag in favour of creating an experience only available in FEAR 3.
He began: "We have four different multiplayer modes, and we deliberately and consciously tossed out deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag. We got rid of those game modes."
Frederick elaborated: "You can pick up any shooter these days and you can play deathmatch. There are some people who are a little bit upset about this, but ultimately, its better for our particular game because weve created multiplayer modes now that you can only get from F.E.A.R. 3.So you decide to play one of these multiplayer modes, you can only pick up F.E.A.R. 3. You cant pick up any other game and get these."
FEAR 3'S four multiplayer modes are called Contractions, Soul King, F**king Run and Soul Survivor and the first three have been detailed in the game's recent series of trailers.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like