FEAR 3 promises a completely new multiplayer experience
The associate producer on FEAR 3, Jason Frederick has been talking up the multiplayer modes on the latest installment of the horror-FPS series.
Frederick explained in an interview with GameSpot that they have ditched traditional FPS multiplayer modes like deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag in favour of creating an experience only available in FEAR 3.
He began: "We have four different multiplayer modes, and we deliberately and consciously tossed out deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag. We got rid of those game modes."
Frederick elaborated: "You can pick up any shooter these days and you can play deathmatch. There are some people who are a little bit upset about this, but ultimately, its better for our particular game because weve created multiplayer modes now that you can only get from F.E.A.R. 3.So you decide to play one of these multiplayer modes, you can only pick up F.E.A.R. 3. You cant pick up any other game and get these."
FEAR 3'S four multiplayer modes are called Contractions, Soul King, F**king Run and Soul Survivor and the first three have been detailed in the game's recent series of trailers.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year