FEAR 3 promises a completely new multiplayer experience
The associate producer on FEAR 3, Jason Frederick has been talking up the multiplayer modes on the latest installment of the horror-FPS series.
Frederick explained in an interview with GameSpot that they have ditched traditional FPS multiplayer modes like deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag in favour of creating an experience only available in FEAR 3.
He began: "We have four different multiplayer modes, and we deliberately and consciously tossed out deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag. We got rid of those game modes."
Frederick elaborated: "You can pick up any shooter these days and you can play deathmatch. There are some people who are a little bit upset about this, but ultimately, its better for our particular game because weve created multiplayer modes now that you can only get from F.E.A.R. 3.So you decide to play one of these multiplayer modes, you can only pick up F.E.A.R. 3. You cant pick up any other game and get these."
FEAR 3'S four multiplayer modes are called Contractions, Soul King, F**king Run and Soul Survivor and the first three have been detailed in the game's recent series of trailers.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3