Bungie has promising a big announcement on July 7th
After much hype and speculation Bungie are promising a big announcement in July foregoing the chance to appear at this year's E3.
Last year Bungie signed a 10-year publishing deal with Activision on a brand new IP that they have been working on after parting ways with the Microsoft and the Halo series upon completion of Halo: Reach.
Bungie's Eric Osborne wrote on Bungie's blog: "A significant amount of my time is also now being dedicated to other upcoming endeavors that wont make a splash on the front page until Bungie Day [July 7] closes in around us. Unfortunately, that means there are just too many balls in the air for me to juggle without letting a few fall to the ground. More explicit details about those balls in the weeks ahead."
It is widely believed that their new title is an epic action MMO and Activision must have a lot of faith in the concept in order to tie the developer down for a decade.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week