NGP RAM cut to make it more affordable?
It has emerged that Sony may be considering cutting the RAM on the NGP in order to be able to price it more competitively.
French tech website 01net claims to have information that would indicate that the non-3G version of the NGP may only include 256MB of RAM instead of 512MB.
They have suggested that they non-3G NGP will also not have any built-in flash memory instead relying solely on the the memory stick slot for internal storage.
After learning from the initial outrageous pricing of the PS3 Sony seems to be looking very carefully at making sure the NGP can compete with the 3DS and high-end smartphones on price.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May