NGP RAM cut to make it more affordable?
It has emerged that Sony may be considering cutting the RAM on the NGP in order to be able to price it more competitively.
French tech website 01net claims to have information that would indicate that the non-3G version of the NGP may only include 256MB of RAM instead of 512MB.
They have suggested that they non-3G NGP will also not have any built-in flash memory instead relying solely on the the memory stick slot for internal storage.
After learning from the initial outrageous pricing of the PS3 Sony seems to be looking very carefully at making sure the NGP can compete with the 3DS and high-end smartphones on price.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer