NGP RAM cut to make it more affordable?
It has emerged that Sony may be considering cutting the RAM on the NGP in order to be able to price it more competitively.
French tech website 01net claims to have information that would indicate that the non-3G version of the NGP may only include 256MB of RAM instead of 512MB.
They have suggested that they non-3G NGP will also not have any built-in flash memory instead relying solely on the the memory stick slot for internal storage.
After learning from the initial outrageous pricing of the PS3 Sony seems to be looking very carefully at making sure the NGP can compete with the 3DS and high-end smartphones on price.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title