Ghost Recon to go free-to-play
Ubisoft has announced that they will be launching the free-to-play Ghost Recon Online later this year.
Ghost Recon Online is in development at Ubisoft Singapore and promises a new level of sociable and customisable online gaming for the Ghost Recon series. It boasts three classes of Ghost with fully customisable weapons and a decent selection of high-tech wargear as well as the ability to share intel with team mates while you're on the ground.
Senior producer on the game, Hugues Ricour said: "Ghost Recon Online takes the best attributes of the Ghost Recon game franchise and brings them online, making the experience of being a Ghost accessible to millions of new players and fans. This game was designed from the start to be a free-to-play experience. Our development teams are dedicated to making Ghost Recon Online a truly unique, top-quality online title."
The beta test of Ghost Recon's latest outing is set to go into closed beta this summer and players can sign up to take part via the Ghost Recon Online official website.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light