Red Dead shifts over 8 million
Things are looking very healthy these days for Take-Two despite the absence of any new Grand Theft Auto title.
The biggest news out of Take-Two's full year financials investor conference call is that Red Dead Redemption has severely exceeded all expectations in selling 8.5 million copies world wide in the year since it released.
The announcement also comes as this year's Rockstar effort, LA Noire has shot to the top of the sales charts in its debut week becoming the fastest-selling new IP in the UK in the process.
Even without any announcement of a new Grand Theft Auto title Rockstar still has an impressive-looking upcoming portfolio lead by the return of New York's most troubled ex-cop Max Payne.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny