Red Dead shifts over 8 million
Things are looking very healthy these days for Take-Two despite the absence of any new Grand Theft Auto title.
The biggest news out of Take-Two's full year financials investor conference call is that Red Dead Redemption has severely exceeded all expectations in selling 8.5 million copies world wide in the year since it released.
The announcement also comes as this year's Rockstar effort, LA Noire has shot to the top of the sales charts in its debut week becoming the fastest-selling new IP in the UK in the process.
Even without any announcement of a new Grand Theft Auto title Rockstar still has an impressive-looking upcoming portfolio lead by the return of New York's most troubled ex-cop Max Payne.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO