Red Dead shifts over 8 million
Things are looking very healthy these days for Take-Two despite the absence of any new Grand Theft Auto title.
The biggest news out of Take-Two's full year financials investor conference call is that Red Dead Redemption has severely exceeded all expectations in selling 8.5 million copies world wide in the year since it released.
The announcement also comes as this year's Rockstar effort, LA Noire has shot to the top of the sales charts in its debut week becoming the fastest-selling new IP in the UK in the process.
Even without any announcement of a new Grand Theft Auto title Rockstar still has an impressive-looking upcoming portfolio lead by the return of New York's most troubled ex-cop Max Payne.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One