Modern Warfare 3 engine evolves beyond Modern Warfare 2
Infinity Ward has promised that gamers will see some big steps forward from Modern Warfare 2 when Modern Warfare 3 ships this coming November.
The troubled Call of Duty studio faces its biggest challenge yet as Modern Warfare 3 is set to go toe-to-toe DICE's extremely impressive-looking Battlefield 3 and they will be adding a whole host of features in order to compete.
Community strategist for Infinity Ward Robert Bowling said on Twitter: "We haven't gone into detail on the engine yet but we've moved beyond the MW2 engine and added a lot of cool stuff for MW3."
Given all the changes and upheaval at Infinity Ward over the last 12 months they have teamed up with Sledgehammer Games to ensure that Modern Warfare 3 lives up to its hefty heritage.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer