Modern Warfare 3 engine evolves beyond Modern Warfare 2
Infinity Ward has promised that gamers will see some big steps forward from Modern Warfare 2 when Modern Warfare 3 ships this coming November.
The troubled Call of Duty studio faces its biggest challenge yet as Modern Warfare 3 is set to go toe-to-toe DICE's extremely impressive-looking Battlefield 3 and they will be adding a whole host of features in order to compete.
Community strategist for Infinity Ward Robert Bowling said on Twitter: "We haven't gone into detail on the engine yet but we've moved beyond the MW2 engine and added a lot of cool stuff for MW3."
Given all the changes and upheaval at Infinity Ward over the last 12 months they have teamed up with Sledgehammer Games to ensure that Modern Warfare 3 lives up to its hefty heritage.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title