Modern Warfare 3 engine evolves beyond Modern Warfare 2
Infinity Ward has promised that gamers will see some big steps forward from Modern Warfare 2 when Modern Warfare 3 ships this coming November.
The troubled Call of Duty studio faces its biggest challenge yet as Modern Warfare 3 is set to go toe-to-toe DICE's extremely impressive-looking Battlefield 3 and they will be adding a whole host of features in order to compete.
Community strategist for Infinity Ward Robert Bowling said on Twitter: "We haven't gone into detail on the engine yet but we've moved beyond the MW2 engine and added a lot of cool stuff for MW3."
Given all the changes and upheaval at Infinity Ward over the last 12 months they have teamed up with Sledgehammer Games to ensure that Modern Warfare 3 lives up to its hefty heritage.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3