Modern Warfare 3 engine evolves beyond Modern Warfare 2
Infinity Ward has promised that gamers will see some big steps forward from Modern Warfare 2 when Modern Warfare 3 ships this coming November.
The troubled Call of Duty studio faces its biggest challenge yet as Modern Warfare 3 is set to go toe-to-toe DICE's extremely impressive-looking Battlefield 3 and they will be adding a whole host of features in order to compete.
Community strategist for Infinity Ward Robert Bowling said on Twitter: "We haven't gone into detail on the engine yet but we've moved beyond the MW2 engine and added a lot of cool stuff for MW3."
Given all the changes and upheaval at Infinity Ward over the last 12 months they have teamed up with Sledgehammer Games to ensure that Modern Warfare 3 lives up to its hefty heritage.
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives