Modern Warfare 3 engine evolves beyond Modern Warfare 2
Infinity Ward has promised that gamers will see some big steps forward from Modern Warfare 2 when Modern Warfare 3 ships this coming November.
The troubled Call of Duty studio faces its biggest challenge yet as Modern Warfare 3 is set to go toe-to-toe DICE's extremely impressive-looking Battlefield 3 and they will be adding a whole host of features in order to compete.
Community strategist for Infinity Ward Robert Bowling said on Twitter: "We haven't gone into detail on the engine yet but we've moved beyond the MW2 engine and added a lot of cool stuff for MW3."
Given all the changes and upheaval at Infinity Ward over the last 12 months they have teamed up with Sledgehammer Games to ensure that Modern Warfare 3 lives up to its hefty heritage.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date