BioShock to feature in The Art of Video Games exhibition at the Smithsonian
Irrational Games' oceanic masterpiece is set to feature in a new exhibition entitled 'The Art of Video Games' at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
The exhibition is planned to run from March to September next year at the Smithsonian in Washington DC with BioShock set to represent the best that the current generation has to offer.
Andrew Ryan's fallen undersea utopia has provided gamers with some of the most impressive and lasting imagery of the current hardware generation.
Ken Levine, president of Irrational, gushed: "The thought of seeing BioShock on display next to Georgia O'Keeffe and Thomas Hart Benton is, well, humbling. The fact that gamers put us there makes it all the better."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like