BioShock to feature in The Art of Video Games exhibition at the Smithsonian
Irrational Games' oceanic masterpiece is set to feature in a new exhibition entitled 'The Art of Video Games' at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
The exhibition is planned to run from March to September next year at the Smithsonian in Washington DC with BioShock set to represent the best that the current generation has to offer.
Andrew Ryan's fallen undersea utopia has provided gamers with some of the most impressive and lasting imagery of the current hardware generation.
Ken Levine, president of Irrational, gushed: "The thought of seeing BioShock on display next to Georgia O'Keeffe and Thomas Hart Benton is, well, humbling. The fact that gamers put us there makes it all the better."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3