LA Noire causing consoles to overheat?
Reports have emerged indicating that Rockstar's groundbreaking new title LA Noire may be causing consoles to overheat.
Early indications were that PS3s had been overheating while playing the game and it was believed that the 3.61 Firmware security update was to blame but the problem seems to have spread to the Xbox 360 as well.
Sony released a statement saying: "As with the release of any System Update, we will invariably see a very small number of users whose console has failed following updating their console, which is an unfortunate coincidence. Rockstar have now updated their FAQ on the matter, have admitted that it is a fault with their latest title LA Noire and have offered a work around. It should also be noted that the issue with this title is not PS3 specific and is also affecting other consoles."
Rockstar are advising PS3 users to delete all their game data from the hard drive and Xbox 360 users are to clear their caches while Team Bondi and Rockstar work on a fix.
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment