LA Noire causing consoles to overheat?
Reports have emerged indicating that Rockstar's groundbreaking new title LA Noire may be causing consoles to overheat.
Early indications were that PS3s had been overheating while playing the game and it was believed that the 3.61 Firmware security update was to blame but the problem seems to have spread to the Xbox 360 as well.
Sony released a statement saying: "As with the release of any System Update, we will invariably see a very small number of users whose console has failed following updating their console, which is an unfortunate coincidence. Rockstar have now updated their FAQ on the matter, have admitted that it is a fault with their latest title LA Noire and have offered a work around. It should also be noted that the issue with this title is not PS3 specific and is also affecting other consoles."
Rockstar are advising PS3 users to delete all their game data from the hard drive and Xbox 360 users are to clear their caches while Team Bondi and Rockstar work on a fix.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side