ARMA 3 to make its first strike at E3
Bohemia Interactive has announced that they will be showing off the next iteration of their intensely realistic miltary shooter ARMA.
ARMA 3 represents Bohemia's ten years of experience in making the most brutally realistic military sims that make Operation Flashpoint look like Serious Sam.
The game will follow NATO forces as they fight to avoid another Dunkirk scenario as they fight desperately to hold onto Europe. It promises vast improvements on ARMA 2 both in visuals and physics and also impressive customisation and modding options.
All will be revealed for the first time at Bohemia's booth at E3 between the 7th and 9th of June at LA's Staples Centre.
The game's creative director, Ivan Buchta said: "Our ambition is not only to deliver the next generation of Arma with the improved engine, but also to fully exploit the potential of our new technology in the gameplay. You can look forward to the unique experience of blending sandbox-style combat with a rich story."
ARMA 3 is due for release on PC in the summer of 2012.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release