ARMA 3 to make its first strike at E3
Bohemia Interactive has announced that they will be showing off the next iteration of their intensely realistic miltary shooter ARMA.
ARMA 3 represents Bohemia's ten years of experience in making the most brutally realistic military sims that make Operation Flashpoint look like Serious Sam.
The game will follow NATO forces as they fight to avoid another Dunkirk scenario as they fight desperately to hold onto Europe. It promises vast improvements on ARMA 2 both in visuals and physics and also impressive customisation and modding options.
All will be revealed for the first time at Bohemia's booth at E3 between the 7th and 9th of June at LA's Staples Centre.
The game's creative director, Ivan Buchta said: "Our ambition is not only to deliver the next generation of Arma with the improved engine, but also to fully exploit the potential of our new technology in the gameplay. You can look forward to the unique experience of blending sandbox-style combat with a rich story."
ARMA 3 is due for release on PC in the summer of 2012.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3