Ubisoft confirms three films based on their big IPs
Ubisoft has unveiled three separate films based on some of their biggest IPs.
Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon are all receiving the silver screen treatment, in 3D no less.
Ubisoft Motion Pictures' Jean de Rivieres said: "Our strategy is not to diversify but to bolster the appeal of our franchises. That's why we want to make sure our films will reflect the brands accurately and consolidate our fan base while expanding beyond the games' primary target audience."
The three films are in production alongside a Raving Rabbids 3D animated series featuring 78 seven-minute episodes.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer