"Welcome Back" PSN packages announced
Details of the rewards Sony promised PSN users for returning to the service after the serious security breach and subsequent and lengthy outage have been revealed.
Sony will be offering a modest range of freebies to PS3 and PSP users who have remained loyal to the company the service while it was down.
First of all PS3 gamers will get a choice of two free games out of the following five: LittleBigPlanet, InFamous, Dead Nation, Wipeout HD/Fury and Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty.
PSP gamers get the choice of two games from the following four: LittleBigPlanet PSP, ModNation Racers PSP, Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation.
Basic PSN users will get a 30-day free trial of PS Plus services while subscribers who joined on or before the 20th of April will get 60 days of PS Plus for free.
More information is available on the European PlayStation blog.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year