UK studios are our backbone says SEGA
SEGA has emphasised the importance that UK developers play in their continuing success stating that they form the foundations of their business.
Oddly enough, despite SEGA's console heritage it is two PC development studios that now produces their biggest titles, Sports Interactive with Football Manager and Creative Assembly with the Total War series.
VP of production for SEGA Europe, Mike Dunn said: "Our UK internal studios are probably the bedrock of our business. For the second year both Sports Interactive and Creative Assembly are outperforming their business plans from a profitability perspective. These guys are on top of the game, it's a real testimony to the games they make."
He added: "Creative Assembly is seen as the jewel in the crown of Sega. That's an interesting thing, I don't think that would have been a thought about that fifteen years ago - but probably Creative Assembly has the consistent highest quality in terms of gaming for any studio, so Sega's very proud of both."
Creative Assembly recently revisited the feudal-era Japan in Shogun 2: Total War in celebration of the tenth anniversary of the first Shogun title.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light