UK studios are our backbone says SEGA
SEGA has emphasised the importance that UK developers play in their continuing success stating that they form the foundations of their business.
Oddly enough, despite SEGA's console heritage it is two PC development studios that now produces their biggest titles, Sports Interactive with Football Manager and Creative Assembly with the Total War series.
VP of production for SEGA Europe, Mike Dunn said: "Our UK internal studios are probably the bedrock of our business. For the second year both Sports Interactive and Creative Assembly are outperforming their business plans from a profitability perspective. These guys are on top of the game, it's a real testimony to the games they make."
He added: "Creative Assembly is seen as the jewel in the crown of Sega. That's an interesting thing, I don't think that would have been a thought about that fifteen years ago - but probably Creative Assembly has the consistent highest quality in terms of gaming for any studio, so Sega's very proud of both."
Creative Assembly recently revisited the feudal-era Japan in Shogun 2: Total War in celebration of the tenth anniversary of the first Shogun title.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny