Games are not art yet says Mizuguchi
Creator of Rez and upcoming Kinect title Child of Eden creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi has weighed into the argument on whether games are art or not.
Mizuguchi, whose work stands out on lists of games that could be used in an argument for games being art, stated that games were not art yet adding that they would be very soon though.
He explained: "I think not yet. But it's getting close. It's just beginning. The experience is getting greater in the games industry. Just 40 years ago, we started from black and white dots. No sound, just beep sounds. Then we got colours, 2D then 3D but we will have a much greater evolution in future games."
Mizuguchi's new title Child of Eden launches on Kinect for Xbox 360 on June the 17th with a PS3 Move-enabled version coming in September.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3