Games are not art yet says Mizuguchi
Creator of Rez and upcoming Kinect title Child of Eden creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi has weighed into the argument on whether games are art or not.
Mizuguchi, whose work stands out on lists of games that could be used in an argument for games being art, stated that games were not art yet adding that they would be very soon though.
He explained: "I think not yet. But it's getting close. It's just beginning. The experience is getting greater in the games industry. Just 40 years ago, we started from black and white dots. No sound, just beep sounds. Then we got colours, 2D then 3D but we will have a much greater evolution in future games."
Mizuguchi's new title Child of Eden launches on Kinect for Xbox 360 on June the 17th with a PS3 Move-enabled version coming in September.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light