Games are not art yet says Mizuguchi
Creator of Rez and upcoming Kinect title Child of Eden creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi has weighed into the argument on whether games are art or not.
Mizuguchi, whose work stands out on lists of games that could be used in an argument for games being art, stated that games were not art yet adding that they would be very soon though.
He explained: "I think not yet. But it's getting close. It's just beginning. The experience is getting greater in the games industry. Just 40 years ago, we started from black and white dots. No sound, just beep sounds. Then we got colours, 2D then 3D but we will have a much greater evolution in future games."
Mizuguchi's new title Child of Eden launches on Kinect for Xbox 360 on June the 17th with a PS3 Move-enabled version coming in September.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year
- Valve reworks their Steam Early Access developer guidelines and rules