Games are not art yet says Mizuguchi
Creator of Rez and upcoming Kinect title Child of Eden creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi has weighed into the argument on whether games are art or not.
Mizuguchi, whose work stands out on lists of games that could be used in an argument for games being art, stated that games were not art yet adding that they would be very soon though.
He explained: "I think not yet. But it's getting close. It's just beginning. The experience is getting greater in the games industry. Just 40 years ago, we started from black and white dots. No sound, just beep sounds. Then we got colours, 2D then 3D but we will have a much greater evolution in future games."
Mizuguchi's new title Child of Eden launches on Kinect for Xbox 360 on June the 17th with a PS3 Move-enabled version coming in September.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free