Games are not art yet says Mizuguchi
Creator of Rez and upcoming Kinect title Child of Eden creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi has weighed into the argument on whether games are art or not.
Mizuguchi, whose work stands out on lists of games that could be used in an argument for games being art, stated that games were not art yet adding that they would be very soon though.
He explained: "I think not yet. But it's getting close. It's just beginning. The experience is getting greater in the games industry. Just 40 years ago, we started from black and white dots. No sound, just beep sounds. Then we got colours, 2D then 3D but we will have a much greater evolution in future games."
Mizuguchi's new title Child of Eden launches on Kinect for Xbox 360 on June the 17th with a PS3 Move-enabled version coming in September.
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal