Lanning: EA sabotaged Stranger's Wrath with poor marketing
Oddworld creator Lorne Lanning has hit out at EA over the way they handled the distribution and marketing of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.
Lanning stated just how proud they were of Stranger's Wrath and how disappointed they were with the "crappy" marketing budget exposure the game received from EA.
He said: "Stranger was a major achievement. I'm thrilled EA did such a crappy job distributing it back in the day. It's a title that hasn't been exposed to the world. My personal feeling is Stranger was the best game we ever made. It was sabotaged. When you see a big game coming out, just ask what the marketing budget is. If you decide as a publisher not to give it a marketing budget, you decide its fate. As soon as we understood there was no marketing budget, we had zero expectations. We had zero incentive to build another game for them, either."
Lanning added: "In the case of Stranger, it didn't perform because it wasn't exposed and it wasn't distributed and there wasn't the number of factors that go to what you need to have success on the shelf today as a boxed product."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto