Lanning: EA sabotaged Stranger's Wrath with poor marketing
Oddworld creator Lorne Lanning has hit out at EA over the way they handled the distribution and marketing of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.
Lanning stated just how proud they were of Stranger's Wrath and how disappointed they were with the "crappy" marketing budget exposure the game received from EA.
He said: "Stranger was a major achievement. I'm thrilled EA did such a crappy job distributing it back in the day. It's a title that hasn't been exposed to the world. My personal feeling is Stranger was the best game we ever made. It was sabotaged. When you see a big game coming out, just ask what the marketing budget is. If you decide as a publisher not to give it a marketing budget, you decide its fate. As soon as we understood there was no marketing budget, we had zero expectations. We had zero incentive to build another game for them, either."
Lanning added: "In the case of Stranger, it didn't perform because it wasn't exposed and it wasn't distributed and there wasn't the number of factors that go to what you need to have success on the shelf today as a boxed product."
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer