Dave Jones rejoins the APB team as an advisor
The former boss of Realtime Worlds and original creator of APB has joined up with the title again as GamersFirst continue to beta test APB: Reloaded.
GamersFirst are very enthusiastic to have Jones involved with the game again as it edges ever closer to its full re-launch as a free-to-play title.
CTO and COO of GamersFirst Bjorn Book-Larsson said: "The opportunity to have David reconnect with us during the production of the new APB Reloaded game has been great and it lets us take advantage of both a deeper understanding of the original vision of APB, as well as leveraging the strengths of the Free2Play model used in the new APB Reloaded game. We look forward to David's continued association with this game, especially as we evaluate new game designs between the May 18th Open Beta the formal launch later this year."
Jones added: "This game was my passion back when I was developing it with Realtime Worlds, and I'm extremely excited to be able to participate in fulfilling the long term vision for the title. After seeing what the team has done with the game thus far, I'm certain that APB Reloaded will become the title that truly breaks new ground for online game experiences, especially with transition to a free to play model. Allowing players to try out key aspects of the game before committing to making purchases fits this game tremendously well."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year