Dave Jones rejoins the APB team as an advisor
The former boss of Realtime Worlds and original creator of APB has joined up with the title again as GamersFirst continue to beta test APB: Reloaded.
GamersFirst are very enthusiastic to have Jones involved with the game again as it edges ever closer to its full re-launch as a free-to-play title.
CTO and COO of GamersFirst Bjorn Book-Larsson said: "The opportunity to have David reconnect with us during the production of the new APB Reloaded game has been great and it lets us take advantage of both a deeper understanding of the original vision of APB, as well as leveraging the strengths of the Free2Play model used in the new APB Reloaded game. We look forward to David's continued association with this game, especially as we evaluate new game designs between the May 18th Open Beta the formal launch later this year."
Jones added: "This game was my passion back when I was developing it with Realtime Worlds, and I'm extremely excited to be able to participate in fulfilling the long term vision for the title. After seeing what the team has done with the game thus far, I'm certain that APB Reloaded will become the title that truly breaks new ground for online game experiences, especially with transition to a free to play model. Allowing players to try out key aspects of the game before committing to making purchases fits this game tremendously well."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year