Dave Jones rejoins the APB team as an advisor
The former boss of Realtime Worlds and original creator of APB has joined up with the title again as GamersFirst continue to beta test APB: Reloaded.
GamersFirst are very enthusiastic to have Jones involved with the game again as it edges ever closer to its full re-launch as a free-to-play title.
CTO and COO of GamersFirst Bjorn Book-Larsson said: "The opportunity to have David reconnect with us during the production of the new APB Reloaded game has been great and it lets us take advantage of both a deeper understanding of the original vision of APB, as well as leveraging the strengths of the Free2Play model used in the new APB Reloaded game. We look forward to David's continued association with this game, especially as we evaluate new game designs between the May 18th Open Beta the formal launch later this year."
Jones added: "This game was my passion back when I was developing it with Realtime Worlds, and I'm extremely excited to be able to participate in fulfilling the long term vision for the title. After seeing what the team has done with the game thus far, I'm certain that APB Reloaded will become the title that truly breaks new ground for online game experiences, especially with transition to a free to play model. Allowing players to try out key aspects of the game before committing to making purchases fits this game tremendously well."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3