Valve: Delay was the best thing for Portal 2
Valve has explained their reasons behind the delayed release of Portal 2 stating that it was in the best interests of both the game and the development team.
Portal 2 project leader, Josh Weier revealed that they had had the developer's interests foremost in their minds all the way through the creation of Portal 2 with even studio head Gabe Newell fully supporting the delayed release.
Weier explained: "[Newell] was actually the biggest supporter for the delay. Newell was asking about what we wanted to do with the extra time, and he said there was no data to suggest a delay was going to hurt us, and that in fact all the stuff we said we wanted to do for the game made it sound like it was going to be really good."
As it happens the delay worked out very nicely with Portal 2 receiving glowing reviews including a tasty 97 percent from us and shooting to top spot in the sales charts in the UK for launch week.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny