MS plan next Xbox HDD 'player'?
Whilst the gaming press continues to deliberate over whether Microsoft will or won't include a hard-disk in their next iteration of the Xbox hardware, the weekend's juiciest rumour has to be that a HDD peripheral will in fact be sold separately by Redmond, and will double as an ultra-sleek portable entertainment player too. And let's be honest, that would be ace.
This rumour apparently emerged from a snowboarder who enjoyed a heavy drinking session with Microsoft's J Allard before reporting his revelations to tech site Engadget.com, who immediately published the speculation. More exciting still is the price tag of $100 reportedly touted by Allard, who stated the firm would sell the upgrade at a loss making it an 'iPod killer'. Quite whether game developers will warm to the idea of an HDD available only as an upgrade, or whether the Xbox 2's much rumoured flash-based storage will suffice anyway, remains to be seen. We do hope this idle gossip turns into reality, however. Though a Microsoft spokesman did tell GameSpot that this was definitely a rumour at this stage. Source: GameSpot.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny