MS plan next Xbox HDD 'player'?
Whilst the gaming press continues to deliberate over whether Microsoft will or won't include a hard-disk in their next iteration of the Xbox hardware, the weekend's juiciest rumour has to be that a HDD peripheral will in fact be sold separately by Redmond, and will double as an ultra-sleek portable entertainment player too. And let's be honest, that would be ace.
This rumour apparently emerged from a snowboarder who enjoyed a heavy drinking session with Microsoft's J Allard before reporting his revelations to tech site Engadget.com, who immediately published the speculation. More exciting still is the price tag of $100 reportedly touted by Allard, who stated the firm would sell the upgrade at a loss making it an 'iPod killer'. Quite whether game developers will warm to the idea of an HDD available only as an upgrade, or whether the Xbox 2's much rumoured flash-based storage will suffice anyway, remains to be seen. We do hope this idle gossip turns into reality, however. Though a Microsoft spokesman did tell GameSpot that this was definitely a rumour at this stage. Source: GameSpot.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too