Rift gets 7-day trial and recommend a friend schemes
Trion has announced two new schemes to encourage more people to play their, already very popular new MMO, Rift.
MMO fans new to Rift will get the chance to give the game a try for seven days for free to get a feel for it and even carry their characters on when they upgrade to the full game.
Also, for existing Rift gamers, the new Ascend-a-Friend programme offers the chance to get some tasty digital rewards to recommending friends to play Rift.
Recommend one friend that takes on the full game and receive a loyal and brave pet dog called Courage. If two friends take on the full game you'll receive a Trailblazer Hat to show off your status. For three friends you secure the impressive flaming Swift Ember Steed mount for your character.
Executive producer on Rift, Scott Hartsman said: "Since launching just over two months ago, RIFT has dramatically disrupted the online gaming landscape, giving players the most massive, dynamic, and engaging MMO experience currently available. With the Free Trial and Ascend-a-Friend programs, were opening the floodgates, inviting all into this amazing world to experience what gamers around the world already know that Telara is the new destination for serious MMO players."
You can sign up for a seven-day free trial of Rift at the game's official website.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer