EA denies having new Microsoft console dev kits
EA has acted to quash rumours that suggested that they have development kits for a brand new next generation of Microsoft console hardware.
VP of communications at EA Jeff Brown has categorically denied the leak that appeared yesterday via Develop stating: "This story is a total fabrication 100 percent not true."
The rumours quickly prompted speculation that Microsoft were planning a reveal for new hardware at E3 next month. With the source also claiming that the new console has improved support for Kinect and Microsoft promising much more new announcements related to Kinect at E3 the reveal is an outside possibility.
Despite the denial Develop's source is adamant that the publishing giant does have kits for new Microsoft hardware. True or not, EA will be legally required to deny all knowledge of the development kits as they will have signed a non-disclosure agreement before taking possession of the new hardware.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free