LA Noire spread across several discs on the Xbox 360
Much has been made of LA Noire's impressive new facial animation tech but the gorgeous looks seem to have come at a price, at least on the Xbox 360.
Rockstar and Team Bondi's film noire homage is reported to be spread across as many as three DVDs according to early reports from Kotaku.
Unlike Capcom, who cut back on the content in Lost Planet 2 to keep the 360 version on one DVD, Rockstar seem to be unafraid of releasing an Xbox game on multiple discs.
Team Bondi's Jeronimo Barrera explained: "LA Noire was always going to be a massive game, from the size and detail of the world to the length of the cases, and of course, the sheer amount of MotionScan data required for the faces of over 400 actors in-game. To tell the story and make the game we wanted to make, we knew that it was going to take an entire single layer Blu-ray disc and three Xbox discs."
LA Noire is out on PS3 and Xbox 360 on May the 17th in the US and May the 20th in the UK and Europe.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year