LA Noire spread across several discs on the Xbox 360
Much has been made of LA Noire's impressive new facial animation tech but the gorgeous looks seem to have come at a price, at least on the Xbox 360.
Rockstar and Team Bondi's film noire homage is reported to be spread across as many as three DVDs according to early reports from Kotaku.
Unlike Capcom, who cut back on the content in Lost Planet 2 to keep the 360 version on one DVD, Rockstar seem to be unafraid of releasing an Xbox game on multiple discs.
Team Bondi's Jeronimo Barrera explained: "LA Noire was always going to be a massive game, from the size and detail of the world to the length of the cases, and of course, the sheer amount of MotionScan data required for the faces of over 400 actors in-game. To tell the story and make the game we wanted to make, we knew that it was going to take an entire single layer Blu-ray disc and three Xbox discs."
LA Noire is out on PS3 and Xbox 360 on May the 17th in the US and May the 20th in the UK and Europe.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3