LA Noire spread across several discs on the Xbox 360
Much has been made of LA Noire's impressive new facial animation tech but the gorgeous looks seem to have come at a price, at least on the Xbox 360.
Rockstar and Team Bondi's film noire homage is reported to be spread across as many as three DVDs according to early reports from Kotaku.
Unlike Capcom, who cut back on the content in Lost Planet 2 to keep the 360 version on one DVD, Rockstar seem to be unafraid of releasing an Xbox game on multiple discs.
Team Bondi's Jeronimo Barrera explained: "LA Noire was always going to be a massive game, from the size and detail of the world to the length of the cases, and of course, the sheer amount of MotionScan data required for the faces of over 400 actors in-game. To tell the story and make the game we wanted to make, we knew that it was going to take an entire single layer Blu-ray disc and three Xbox discs."
LA Noire is out on PS3 and Xbox 360 on May the 17th in the US and May the 20th in the UK and Europe.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III