LA Noire spread across several discs on the Xbox 360
Much has been made of LA Noire's impressive new facial animation tech but the gorgeous looks seem to have come at a price, at least on the Xbox 360.
Rockstar and Team Bondi's film noire homage is reported to be spread across as many as three DVDs according to early reports from Kotaku.
Unlike Capcom, who cut back on the content in Lost Planet 2 to keep the 360 version on one DVD, Rockstar seem to be unafraid of releasing an Xbox game on multiple discs.
Team Bondi's Jeronimo Barrera explained: "LA Noire was always going to be a massive game, from the size and detail of the world to the length of the cases, and of course, the sheer amount of MotionScan data required for the faces of over 400 actors in-game. To tell the story and make the game we wanted to make, we knew that it was going to take an entire single layer Blu-ray disc and three Xbox discs."
LA Noire is out on PS3 and Xbox 360 on May the 17th in the US and May the 20th in the UK and Europe.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side