Valve not planning to make games for mobiles, yet
Valve has emphatically stated that they will not be moving into mobile games and certainly will not be adapting their Source engine for smartphones.
The Half-Life and Steam developer has stated that they currently have no mobile strategy and Gabe Newell seems slightly dismissive of mobile gaming just now.
Newell told Develop: "On mobile we've done nothing. If people want people to build a mobile engine today, call [Epic Games CEO] Tim Sweeney."
He did praise the work that Epic have done on mobiles so far with Infinity Blade showing just what mobiles can be capable of. If we remember Newell was also very dismissive of the PS3 and now Steam support has been integrated with PSN on Portal 2.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone