Valve not planning to make games for mobiles, yet
Valve has emphatically stated that they will not be moving into mobile games and certainly will not be adapting their Source engine for smartphones.
The Half-Life and Steam developer has stated that they currently have no mobile strategy and Gabe Newell seems slightly dismissive of mobile gaming just now.
Newell told Develop: "On mobile we've done nothing. If people want people to build a mobile engine today, call [Epic Games CEO] Tim Sweeney."
He did praise the work that Epic have done on mobiles so far with Infinity Blade showing just what mobiles can be capable of. If we remember Newell was also very dismissive of the PS3 and now Steam support has been integrated with PSN on Portal 2.
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC