EA has new Microsoft console, announcement coming at E3?
Microsoft may be planning to steal Nintendo's thunder with rumours emerging of and EA studio in possession of development kits for a successor to the Xbox 360.
Reports have emerged of a Microsoft's next console taking up residence inside PC cases in an unnamed EA studio prompting speculation that the machine may be announced at E3 next month and even may arrive at retail as early as 2012.
The new machine supposedly features enhanced support for Kinect with couple of alterations.
EA and Microsoft have both declined to comment but with job openings appearing at Microsoft for hardware development staff it appears that the software giant are up to something on the hardware front.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3