EA: Star Wars: The Old Republic is coming this year
EA's Frank Gibeau has said that they will be releasing Bioware's epic MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic in 2011 but the aren't going to say when yet.
Gibeau confessed that they will not be announcing the title's release date just yet because they don't want to tip off the competition.
He said: "Everyone is waiting for us to announce the ship date Sorry, but thats not going to happen today. Were holding the date for two reasons first, we dont want to tip off the competition; second, we want more data from the beta test to guarantee a spectacular experience at launch."
The EA Games boss was adamant that it would most likely ship before the end of the year with January 2012 being an "outside possibility".
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year