EA: Star Wars: The Old Republic is coming this year
EA's Frank Gibeau has said that they will be releasing Bioware's epic MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic in 2011 but the aren't going to say when yet.
Gibeau confessed that they will not be announcing the title's release date just yet because they don't want to tip off the competition.
He said: "Everyone is waiting for us to announce the ship date Sorry, but thats not going to happen today. Were holding the date for two reasons first, we dont want to tip off the competition; second, we want more data from the beta test to guarantee a spectacular experience at launch."
The EA Games boss was adamant that it would most likely ship before the end of the year with January 2012 being an "outside possibility".
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network