EA: Star Wars: The Old Republic is coming this year
EA's Frank Gibeau has said that they will be releasing Bioware's epic MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic in 2011 but the aren't going to say when yet.
Gibeau confessed that they will not be announcing the title's release date just yet because they don't want to tip off the competition.
He said: "Everyone is waiting for us to announce the ship date Sorry, but thats not going to happen today. Were holding the date for two reasons first, we dont want to tip off the competition; second, we want more data from the beta test to guarantee a spectacular experience at launch."
The EA Games boss was adamant that it would most likely ship before the end of the year with January 2012 being an "outside possibility".
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016