War Story rumours gather pace
Reports currently emerging from several quarters reveal that the latest title from PC-Halo conversion developer Gearbox will be unveiled upon the firm's fifth-anniversary come April 17th. The new title is widely believed to be called War Story, and a number of teaser images and quotes adorning www.warstory.net seem to add credibility to the suggestion that the new title is a WWII game. There's even an image looking rather like an in-game screenshot on the site.
The remaining two slots on the site appear to be counting down to something, possibly 'D-Day', though whether this is when we'll learn more about 'War Story' remains to be seen. The cinematic war-game inspiration Gearbox have drawn on for their latest is also evident from the Band of Brother's imagery used, so perhaps a Call of Duty / Medal of Honour style affair is the order of the day. We'll keep our eyes peeled for more details on this opus.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title