War Story rumours gather pace
Reports currently emerging from several quarters reveal that the latest title from PC-Halo conversion developer Gearbox will be unveiled upon the firm's fifth-anniversary come April 17th. The new title is widely believed to be called War Story, and a number of teaser images and quotes adorning www.warstory.net seem to add credibility to the suggestion that the new title is a WWII game. There's even an image looking rather like an in-game screenshot on the site.
The remaining two slots on the site appear to be counting down to something, possibly 'D-Day', though whether this is when we'll learn more about 'War Story' remains to be seen. The cinematic war-game inspiration Gearbox have drawn on for their latest is also evident from the Band of Brother's imagery used, so perhaps a Call of Duty / Medal of Honour style affair is the order of the day. We'll keep our eyes peeled for more details on this opus.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3