Volition president and founder steps down
Mike Kulas, the man who founded Volition, has announced that he will be leaving the developer that he started in 1998 as of May the 2nd.
Kulas founded Volition from the ashes of Descent developer Parallax which he also set up Matt Toschlog way back in 1993 after it closed up in 1997.
He said: "It's very important to me that things at Volition continue smoothly."
Volition has grown from 30 staff in 1998 to a current staffing level of 220 and it has become one of THQ's leading studios.
The developer currently produces the Saints Row and Red Faction series for THQ and is also working with Guillermo Del Toro on his new InSANE series.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny