Volition president and founder steps down
Mike Kulas, the man who founded Volition, has announced that he will be leaving the developer that he started in 1998 as of May the 2nd.
Kulas founded Volition from the ashes of Descent developer Parallax which he also set up Matt Toschlog way back in 1993 after it closed up in 1997.
He said: "It's very important to me that things at Volition continue smoothly."
Volition has grown from 30 staff in 1998 to a current staffing level of 220 and it has become one of THQ's leading studios.
The developer currently produces the Saints Row and Red Faction series for THQ and is also working with Guillermo Del Toro on his new InSANE series.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year