Volition president and founder steps down
Mike Kulas, the man who founded Volition, has announced that he will be leaving the developer that he started in 1998 as of May the 2nd.
Kulas founded Volition from the ashes of Descent developer Parallax which he also set up Matt Toschlog way back in 1993 after it closed up in 1997.
He said: "It's very important to me that things at Volition continue smoothly."
Volition has grown from 30 staff in 1998 to a current staffing level of 220 and it has become one of THQ's leading studios.
The developer currently produces the Saints Row and Red Faction series for THQ and is also working with Guillermo Del Toro on his new InSANE series.
- Destiny's Vault of Glass Raid coming next week
- Evolution boasts load times under 10 seconds and a 17GB install for Driveclub
- Frontier announces the final release pricing for Elite: Dangerous
- Footage appears of a cancelled Kinect-powered Gears Of War RTS
- Sony closing PSN access for European PSP users next week
- Hotline Miami themed DLC coming to Payday 2
- Sony: The PS Vita is “remarkably resilient”
- Football Manager documentary headed to Vue Cinemas next month
- Curious about the how combat works in Frozen Synapse Prime? The latest video explains all