Volition president and founder steps down
Mike Kulas, the man who founded Volition, has announced that he will be leaving the developer that he started in 1998 as of May the 2nd.
Kulas founded Volition from the ashes of Descent developer Parallax which he also set up Matt Toschlog way back in 1993 after it closed up in 1997.
He said: "It's very important to me that things at Volition continue smoothly."
Volition has grown from 30 staff in 1998 to a current staffing level of 220 and it has become one of THQ's leading studios.
The developer currently produces the Saints Row and Red Faction series for THQ and is also working with Guillermo Del Toro on his new InSANE series.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below