Volition president and founder steps down
Mike Kulas, the man who founded Volition, has announced that he will be leaving the developer that he started in 1998 as of May the 2nd.
Kulas founded Volition from the ashes of Descent developer Parallax which he also set up Matt Toschlog way back in 1993 after it closed up in 1997.
He said: "It's very important to me that things at Volition continue smoothly."
Volition has grown from 30 staff in 1998 to a current staffing level of 220 and it has become one of THQ's leading studios.
The developer currently produces the Saints Row and Red Faction series for THQ and is also working with Guillermo Del Toro on his new InSANE series.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3