Limited PSN services to return within the next week says Sony
Sony has tentatively mooted the return of gaming services on PSN for some time in the next week.
The embarrassed entertainment giant has stated that they hope to have at least some gaming features back online around May the 3rd with the PlayStation Store returning later once they have shored up the system's security.
When the services do return PSN users will also be prompted to install a mandatory security update and change their passwords in order to keep their accounts secure.
Sony stated: "Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday (April 26th). However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure."
More information including the latest updates on the situation and an FAQ can be found on the PlayStation blog.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015