Limited PSN services to return within the next week says Sony
Sony has tentatively mooted the return of gaming services on PSN for some time in the next week.
The embarrassed entertainment giant has stated that they hope to have at least some gaming features back online around May the 3rd with the PlayStation Store returning later once they have shored up the system's security.
When the services do return PSN users will also be prompted to install a mandatory security update and change their passwords in order to keep their accounts secure.
Sony stated: "Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday (April 26th). However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure."
More information including the latest updates on the situation and an FAQ can be found on the PlayStation blog.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year