Limited PSN services to return within the next week says Sony
Sony has tentatively mooted the return of gaming services on PSN for some time in the next week.
The embarrassed entertainment giant has stated that they hope to have at least some gaming features back online around May the 3rd with the PlayStation Store returning later once they have shored up the system's security.
When the services do return PSN users will also be prompted to install a mandatory security update and change their passwords in order to keep their accounts secure.
Sony stated: "Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday (April 26th). However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure."
More information including the latest updates on the situation and an FAQ can be found on the PlayStation blog.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced