Limited PSN services to return within the next week says Sony
Sony has tentatively mooted the return of gaming services on PSN for some time in the next week.
The embarrassed entertainment giant has stated that they hope to have at least some gaming features back online around May the 3rd with the PlayStation Store returning later once they have shored up the system's security.
When the services do return PSN users will also be prompted to install a mandatory security update and change their passwords in order to keep their accounts secure.
Sony stated: "Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday (April 26th). However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure."
More information including the latest updates on the situation and an FAQ can be found on the PlayStation blog.
- Paid Skyrim mods become the shortest experiment in Steam history
- Warner Bros announces Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition
- New Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer features all of the destruction
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward