Limited PSN services to return within the next week says Sony
Sony has tentatively mooted the return of gaming services on PSN for some time in the next week.
The embarrassed entertainment giant has stated that they hope to have at least some gaming features back online around May the 3rd with the PlayStation Store returning later once they have shored up the system's security.
When the services do return PSN users will also be prompted to install a mandatory security update and change their passwords in order to keep their accounts secure.
Sony stated: "Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday (April 26th). However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure."
More information including the latest updates on the situation and an FAQ can be found on the PlayStation blog.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer