Diablo III development on the 'home stretch', 2011 release a possibility
Blizzard has lit the fires pf hope for Diablo fans by teasing that Diablo III may manage to make it out before the end of 2011.
Diablo fans have been waiting an incredibly long time for the series to return and, if the Diablo III's director Jay Wilson is to believed it may just arrive just in time to give them an unbelieveable Christmas present.
Wilson recently told the New York Times: "We're definitely in the home stretch. We're crunching. This is when the magic happens."
This follows on from comments made by Blizzard CEO, Mike Morhaime teasing that a 2011 release is a possibility if they managed to get the game finished in time. Obviously we'd rather have the game arrive when it's ready but a 2011 release might just be the perfect end to what is shaping up to be a superb year for RPGs with The Witcher 2, Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim all destined to make appearances this year along with new kids on the block like Kingdoms of Amalur and the final arrival of Fable III on the PC.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit