Obsidian to cut staff?
According to new reports, Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol developer Obsidian have been forced to make some staff redundant.
Several key members of staff at the firm have announced on their Twitter accounts either that they have been made redundant or that they have survived a recent staff cull.
Lead designer Akil Hooper, an 11-year Obsidian veteran said: "11 years, nearly a dozen shipped titles, Designer, Lead, Producer. 1 cancelled game, survived 7 layoffs, 8th got me. Not a bad track record."
QA tester Ashley Betters was also unlucky saying: "No longer work at Obsidian. I guess this means I will have to start buying my own pens."
It has been rumoured that producer Tess Treadwell and designer Sydney Wolfram have also been axed in the most recent round of redundancies.
Justin Reynard, a coder, survived the cut but said: "Today marks my 3 year anniversary working at Obsidian Entertainment. To my coworkers (and sadly the ones weve lost) you guys are amazing."
There is no official word from Obsidian on the job losses as yet.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year