Obsidian to cut staff?
According to new reports, Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol developer Obsidian have been forced to make some staff redundant.
Several key members of staff at the firm have announced on their Twitter accounts either that they have been made redundant or that they have survived a recent staff cull.
Lead designer Akil Hooper, an 11-year Obsidian veteran said: "11 years, nearly a dozen shipped titles, Designer, Lead, Producer. 1 cancelled game, survived 7 layoffs, 8th got me. Not a bad track record."
QA tester Ashley Betters was also unlucky saying: "No longer work at Obsidian. I guess this means I will have to start buying my own pens."
It has been rumoured that producer Tess Treadwell and designer Sydney Wolfram have also been axed in the most recent round of redundancies.
Justin Reynard, a coder, survived the cut but said: "Today marks my 3 year anniversary working at Obsidian Entertainment. To my coworkers (and sadly the ones weve lost) you guys are amazing."
There is no official word from Obsidian on the job losses as yet.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer