Obsidian to cut staff?
According to new reports, Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol developer Obsidian have been forced to make some staff redundant.
Several key members of staff at the firm have announced on their Twitter accounts either that they have been made redundant or that they have survived a recent staff cull.
Lead designer Akil Hooper, an 11-year Obsidian veteran said: "11 years, nearly a dozen shipped titles, Designer, Lead, Producer. 1 cancelled game, survived 7 layoffs, 8th got me. Not a bad track record."
QA tester Ashley Betters was also unlucky saying: "No longer work at Obsidian. I guess this means I will have to start buying my own pens."
It has been rumoured that producer Tess Treadwell and designer Sydney Wolfram have also been axed in the most recent round of redundancies.
Justin Reynard, a coder, survived the cut but said: "Today marks my 3 year anniversary working at Obsidian Entertainment. To my coworkers (and sadly the ones weve lost) you guys are amazing."
There is no official word from Obsidian on the job losses as yet.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One