EA boss Riccitiello resigns
Current EA president and COO John Riccitiello has resigned from his position atop the publishing powerhouse, the PLC revealed in a press release to the stock market shortly after the close of trade in New York yesterday. "My time at EA was the best work experience in my life," enthused the departing Riccitiello, who has witnessed the firm's meteoric rise under his control. "I'm leaving EA when the company is enriched with the best people, the best properties, and a very bright future."
Riccitiello has been in charge since 1997, after previously fronting everyone's favourite Gateaux-makers Sara Lara. EA CEO Larry Probst will fulfil Riccitiello's duties temporarily, whilst a permanent solution is sought. The exiting COO stated that he was planning on starting a 'private equity business' as "it is time to do something different."
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria