EA boss Riccitiello resigns
Current EA president and COO John Riccitiello has resigned from his position atop the publishing powerhouse, the PLC revealed in a press release to the stock market shortly after the close of trade in New York yesterday. "My time at EA was the best work experience in my life," enthused the departing Riccitiello, who has witnessed the firm's meteoric rise under his control. "I'm leaving EA when the company is enriched with the best people, the best properties, and a very bright future."
Riccitiello has been in charge since 1997, after previously fronting everyone's favourite Gateaux-makers Sara Lara. EA CEO Larry Probst will fulfil Riccitiello's duties temporarily, whilst a permanent solution is sought. The exiting COO stated that he was planning on starting a 'private equity business' as "it is time to do something different."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title