EA boss Riccitiello resigns
Current EA president and COO John Riccitiello has resigned from his position atop the publishing powerhouse, the PLC revealed in a press release to the stock market shortly after the close of trade in New York yesterday. "My time at EA was the best work experience in my life," enthused the departing Riccitiello, who has witnessed the firm's meteoric rise under his control. "I'm leaving EA when the company is enriched with the best people, the best properties, and a very bright future."
Riccitiello has been in charge since 1997, after previously fronting everyone's favourite Gateaux-makers Sara Lara. EA CEO Larry Probst will fulfil Riccitiello's duties temporarily, whilst a permanent solution is sought. The exiting COO stated that he was planning on starting a 'private equity business' as "it is time to do something different."
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III coming this November, skipping last-gen release
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch