EA boss Riccitiello resigns
Current EA president and COO John Riccitiello has resigned from his position atop the publishing powerhouse, the PLC revealed in a press release to the stock market shortly after the close of trade in New York yesterday. "My time at EA was the best work experience in my life," enthused the departing Riccitiello, who has witnessed the firm's meteoric rise under his control. "I'm leaving EA when the company is enriched with the best people, the best properties, and a very bright future."
Riccitiello has been in charge since 1997, after previously fronting everyone's favourite Gateaux-makers Sara Lara. EA CEO Larry Probst will fulfil Riccitiello's duties temporarily, whilst a permanent solution is sought. The exiting COO stated that he was planning on starting a 'private equity business' as "it is time to do something different."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today