The Wii 2 will not arrive before April 2012 says Iwata
Nintendo's president, Satoru Iwata, has announced that their new home console, codenamed Project Cafe will not arrive in this financial year.
Iwata promised that Project Cafe will offer something new for the home console market but told investors that the new machine would not arrive before April 2012.
He explained: "It became difficult for developers to surprise customers with the current Wii... We will offer something new for home game systems."
Project Cafe will be unveiled in a playable form at this year's E3 in LA this June. We'll let you know more as soon as we have it.
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon