The Wii 2 will not arrive before April 2012 says Iwata
Nintendo's president, Satoru Iwata, has announced that their new home console, codenamed Project Cafe will not arrive in this financial year.
Iwata promised that Project Cafe will offer something new for the home console market but told investors that the new machine would not arrive before April 2012.
He explained: "It became difficult for developers to surprise customers with the current Wii... We will offer something new for home game systems."
Project Cafe will be unveiled in a playable form at this year's E3 in LA this June. We'll let you know more as soon as we have it.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date