The Wii 2 will not arrive before April 2012 says Iwata
Nintendo's president, Satoru Iwata, has announced that their new home console, codenamed Project Cafe will not arrive in this financial year.
Iwata promised that Project Cafe will offer something new for the home console market but told investors that the new machine would not arrive before April 2012.
He explained: "It became difficult for developers to surprise customers with the current Wii... We will offer something new for home game systems."
Project Cafe will be unveiled in a playable form at this year's E3 in LA this June. We'll let you know more as soon as we have it.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release