The Wii 2 will not arrive before April 2012 says Iwata
Nintendo's president, Satoru Iwata, has announced that their new home console, codenamed Project Cafe will not arrive in this financial year.
Iwata promised that Project Cafe will offer something new for the home console market but told investors that the new machine would not arrive before April 2012.
He explained: "It became difficult for developers to surprise customers with the current Wii... We will offer something new for home game systems."
Project Cafe will be unveiled in a playable form at this year's E3 in LA this June. We'll let you know more as soon as we have it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer