Free version of the CryEngine 3 SDK coming this summer
Crytek has announced that they will be launching a free-to-use version of the CryEngine 3 SDK, the engine behind Crysis 2, later this year.
The free SDK is aimed at the PC's thriving community of modders and enthusiasts to play around with for non-commercial purposes and it will be available in August of this year.
Crytek boss Cervat Yerli said: "In recent times our focus has been heavily on the development of Crysis 2, however our modding community has been, and remains, very important to us. In August 2011 we will be launching a free CryEngine SDK. If you want to use it for fun, like all our previous MOD SDKs it will be completely free of charge, to anyone who wants to play with it."
He added: "We'll be giving you access to the latest, greatest version of CryEngine 3 - the same engine we use internally, the same engine we give to our licensees, the same engine that powers Crysis 2.This will be a complete version of our engine, including C++ code access, our content exporters (including our LiveCreate real-time pipeline), shader code, game sample code from Crysis 2, script samples, new improved Flowgraph and a whole host of great asset examples, which will allow teams to build complete games from scratch for PC. We'll update the Free CryEngine SDK regularly, to make sure you have access to all the advances we make to CryEngine 3."
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free