Team ICO delays The Last Guardian and Team ICO Collection
Sadly, Team ICO has announced that neither the Team ICO Collection or The Last Guardian will make their expected release windows.
The Team ICO Collection which features HD remastered versions of the PS2 classics, ICO and Shadow of The Colossus will not arrive in the spring as expected.
More disappointingly The Last Guardian, their first proper PS3 title, has been pushed back from the last quarter of this year into 2012 some time.
Studio director Fumito Ueda said: "I announced at last years Tokyo Game Show that the release timing of The Last Guardian which is currently being developed would be holiday 2011. However, to provide more challenging and better quality of content to users and to fulfil first party studios obligations, I decided to postpone its release timing. All the members of my production team are working together at a fast pace to develop and release the game in first party studio quality."
He added: "I sincerely apologise to all the customers who have been waiting for The Last Guardian for so long, but I beg for your patience. I will also announce the new release timing at a later time."
More on the European PlayStation blog.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto