Team ICO delays The Last Guardian and Team ICO Collection
Sadly, Team ICO has announced that neither the Team ICO Collection or The Last Guardian will make their expected release windows.
The Team ICO Collection which features HD remastered versions of the PS2 classics, ICO and Shadow of The Colossus will not arrive in the spring as expected.
More disappointingly The Last Guardian, their first proper PS3 title, has been pushed back from the last quarter of this year into 2012 some time.
Studio director Fumito Ueda said: "I announced at last years Tokyo Game Show that the release timing of The Last Guardian which is currently being developed would be holiday 2011. However, to provide more challenging and better quality of content to users and to fulfil first party studios obligations, I decided to postpone its release timing. All the members of my production team are working together at a fast pace to develop and release the game in first party studio quality."
He added: "I sincerely apologise to all the customers who have been waiting for The Last Guardian for so long, but I beg for your patience. I will also announce the new release timing at a later time."
More on the European PlayStation blog.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One