Team ICO delays The Last Guardian and Team ICO Collection
Sadly, Team ICO has announced that neither the Team ICO Collection or The Last Guardian will make their expected release windows.
The Team ICO Collection which features HD remastered versions of the PS2 classics, ICO and Shadow of The Colossus will not arrive in the spring as expected.
More disappointingly The Last Guardian, their first proper PS3 title, has been pushed back from the last quarter of this year into 2012 some time.
Studio director Fumito Ueda said: "I announced at last years Tokyo Game Show that the release timing of The Last Guardian which is currently being developed would be holiday 2011. However, to provide more challenging and better quality of content to users and to fulfil first party studios obligations, I decided to postpone its release timing. All the members of my production team are working together at a fast pace to develop and release the game in first party studio quality."
He added: "I sincerely apologise to all the customers who have been waiting for The Last Guardian for so long, but I beg for your patience. I will also announce the new release timing at a later time."
More on the European PlayStation blog.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer