Team ICO delays The Last Guardian and Team ICO Collection
Sadly, Team ICO has announced that neither the Team ICO Collection or The Last Guardian will make their expected release windows.
The Team ICO Collection which features HD remastered versions of the PS2 classics, ICO and Shadow of The Colossus will not arrive in the spring as expected.
More disappointingly The Last Guardian, their first proper PS3 title, has been pushed back from the last quarter of this year into 2012 some time.
Studio director Fumito Ueda said: "I announced at last years Tokyo Game Show that the release timing of The Last Guardian which is currently being developed would be holiday 2011. However, to provide more challenging and better quality of content to users and to fulfil first party studios obligations, I decided to postpone its release timing. All the members of my production team are working together at a fast pace to develop and release the game in first party studio quality."
He added: "I sincerely apologise to all the customers who have been waiting for The Last Guardian for so long, but I beg for your patience. I will also announce the new release timing at a later time."
More on the European PlayStation blog.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year