Bioware hopes for smooth launch day sailing for Star Wars: The Old Republic
Associate producer of Star Wars: The Old Republic, Cory Butler, has been talking about their aspirations for the eventual launch of Bioware's first MMO.
There was no talk of dates but Butler did say that they are well into the planning stages on how they will manage the launch.
He explained: "Honestly, our hope is that as important and exciting as it is, Launch Day is another day at the office for us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay how significant a smooth launch of the game is to us. It is just that we are working on plans and backup plans and backups to the backup plans for quite some time now, so we're ready to execute all these plans at launch."
Having plans on top of plans is all very well and SWTOR is already well into it's beta testing phase but news on a release date for the game is still down to rumours about which remaining month of 2011 EA plan to release the game. When we do find out you'll be the first to know.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto