Bioware hopes for smooth launch day sailing for Star Wars: The Old Republic
Associate producer of Star Wars: The Old Republic, Cory Butler, has been talking about their aspirations for the eventual launch of Bioware's first MMO.
There was no talk of dates but Butler did say that they are well into the planning stages on how they will manage the launch.
He explained: "Honestly, our hope is that as important and exciting as it is, Launch Day is another day at the office for us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay how significant a smooth launch of the game is to us. It is just that we are working on plans and backup plans and backups to the backup plans for quite some time now, so we're ready to execute all these plans at launch."
Having plans on top of plans is all very well and SWTOR is already well into it's beta testing phase but news on a release date for the game is still down to rumours about which remaining month of 2011 EA plan to release the game. When we do find out you'll be the first to know.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network