Bioware hopes for smooth launch day sailing for Star Wars: The Old Republic
Associate producer of Star Wars: The Old Republic, Cory Butler, has been talking about their aspirations for the eventual launch of Bioware's first MMO.
There was no talk of dates but Butler did say that they are well into the planning stages on how they will manage the launch.
He explained: "Honestly, our hope is that as important and exciting as it is, Launch Day is another day at the office for us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay how significant a smooth launch of the game is to us. It is just that we are working on plans and backup plans and backups to the backup plans for quite some time now, so we're ready to execute all these plans at launch."
Having plans on top of plans is all very well and SWTOR is already well into it's beta testing phase but news on a release date for the game is still down to rumours about which remaining month of 2011 EA plan to release the game. When we do find out you'll be the first to know.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing