Bioware hopes for smooth launch day sailing for Star Wars: The Old Republic
Associate producer of Star Wars: The Old Republic, Cory Butler, has been talking about their aspirations for the eventual launch of Bioware's first MMO.
There was no talk of dates but Butler did say that they are well into the planning stages on how they will manage the launch.
He explained: "Honestly, our hope is that as important and exciting as it is, Launch Day is another day at the office for us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay how significant a smooth launch of the game is to us. It is just that we are working on plans and backup plans and backups to the backup plans for quite some time now, so we're ready to execute all these plans at launch."
Having plans on top of plans is all very well and SWTOR is already well into it's beta testing phase but news on a release date for the game is still down to rumours about which remaining month of 2011 EA plan to release the game. When we do find out you'll be the first to know.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching