Bioware hopes for smooth launch day sailing for Star Wars: The Old Republic
Associate producer of Star Wars: The Old Republic, Cory Butler, has been talking about their aspirations for the eventual launch of Bioware's first MMO.
There was no talk of dates but Butler did say that they are well into the planning stages on how they will manage the launch.
He explained: "Honestly, our hope is that as important and exciting as it is, Launch Day is another day at the office for us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay how significant a smooth launch of the game is to us. It is just that we are working on plans and backup plans and backups to the backup plans for quite some time now, so we're ready to execute all these plans at launch."
Having plans on top of plans is all very well and SWTOR is already well into it's beta testing phase but news on a release date for the game is still down to rumours about which remaining month of 2011 EA plan to release the game. When we do find out you'll be the first to know.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below