Battlestar Galactica hits 1 million players
Bigpoint's free-to-play MMO, Battlestar Galactica has seen some very impressive sign-up figures in the first six weeks since its launch.
While the game is still technically in open beta, since it went live six weeks ago it has attracted one million players.
The MMO is based on the recent gritty TV reworking of the series rather than the original 1970s Battlestar Galactica and is Bigpoint's biggest release to date.
Bigpoint CEO Heiko Hubertz said: "There is always a risk when you translate a well-known IP into another medium. We built what we believed was a recipe for success; a fantastic gaming experience inspired by an iconic show, with the added benefit of being a free-to-play title. We are grateful to the fans for their support and interest in this game, and pledge to continue to improve and optimize the game."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light