Battlestar Galactica hits 1 million players
Bigpoint's free-to-play MMO, Battlestar Galactica has seen some very impressive sign-up figures in the first six weeks since its launch.
While the game is still technically in open beta, since it went live six weeks ago it has attracted one million players.
The MMO is based on the recent gritty TV reworking of the series rather than the original 1970s Battlestar Galactica and is Bigpoint's biggest release to date.
Bigpoint CEO Heiko Hubertz said: "There is always a risk when you translate a well-known IP into another medium. We built what we believed was a recipe for success; a fantastic gaming experience inspired by an iconic show, with the added benefit of being a free-to-play title. We are grateful to the fans for their support and interest in this game, and pledge to continue to improve and optimize the game."
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft