Battlestar Galactica hits 1 million players
Bigpoint's free-to-play MMO, Battlestar Galactica has seen some very impressive sign-up figures in the first six weeks since its launch.
While the game is still technically in open beta, since it went live six weeks ago it has attracted one million players.
The MMO is based on the recent gritty TV reworking of the series rather than the original 1970s Battlestar Galactica and is Bigpoint's biggest release to date.
Bigpoint CEO Heiko Hubertz said: "There is always a risk when you translate a well-known IP into another medium. We built what we believed was a recipe for success; a fantastic gaming experience inspired by an iconic show, with the added benefit of being a free-to-play title. We are grateful to the fans for their support and interest in this game, and pledge to continue to improve and optimize the game."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3