Wii price cut coming soon. Is the Wii 2 coming at E3?
The Wii may be primed for a price cut in the US this May fuelling speculation about Nintendo's plans for this year's E3.
Anonymous sources have told Engadget that the price of the Wii in the US will be cut to just 150 USD from May the 15th.
With the Wii now slipping behind in sales of both hardware and software the price cut is sorely needed to keep Nintendo in the race until they unveil their next home console.
Analysts have already predicted that Nintendo will unveil the successor to the Wii at E3 in June and if these rumours of a price cut prove to be true then it will add fuel to the speculation of the arrival of a Wii 2 coming in the next 12 months.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network