Wii price cut coming soon. Is the Wii 2 coming at E3?
The Wii may be primed for a price cut in the US this May fuelling speculation about Nintendo's plans for this year's E3.
Anonymous sources have told Engadget that the price of the Wii in the US will be cut to just 150 USD from May the 15th.
With the Wii now slipping behind in sales of both hardware and software the price cut is sorely needed to keep Nintendo in the race until they unveil their next home console.
Analysts have already predicted that Nintendo will unveil the successor to the Wii at E3 in June and if these rumours of a price cut prove to be true then it will add fuel to the speculation of the arrival of a Wii 2 coming in the next 12 months.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year