Analyst: 3DS sales tailing off
Colin Sebastian, analyst for Lazard Capital Markets has been discussing the prospects for Nintendo's new 3DS now that it has arrived.
Sebastian said that sales have slowed significantly after the initial rush during the release window.
He explained: "Based on our recent checks, we believe that sales of the 3DS have slowed considerably since the initial launch window, although the Easter holiday could provide a near-term boost."
Screen Digest believes that, despite the slowing sales the 3DS will sell around 11.6 million units by the end of 2011.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine