Analyst: 3DS sales tailing off
Colin Sebastian, analyst for Lazard Capital Markets has been discussing the prospects for Nintendo's new 3DS now that it has arrived.
Sebastian said that sales have slowed significantly after the initial rush during the release window.
He explained: "Based on our recent checks, we believe that sales of the 3DS have slowed considerably since the initial launch window, although the Easter holiday could provide a near-term boost."
Screen Digest believes that, despite the slowing sales the 3DS will sell around 11.6 million units by the end of 2011.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III