Analyst: 3DS sales tailing off
Colin Sebastian, analyst for Lazard Capital Markets has been discussing the prospects for Nintendo's new 3DS now that it has arrived.
Sebastian said that sales have slowed significantly after the initial rush during the release window.
He explained: "Based on our recent checks, we believe that sales of the 3DS have slowed considerably since the initial launch window, although the Easter holiday could provide a near-term boost."
Screen Digest believes that, despite the slowing sales the 3DS will sell around 11.6 million units by the end of 2011.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3