Analyst: 3DS sales tailing off
Colin Sebastian, analyst for Lazard Capital Markets has been discussing the prospects for Nintendo's new 3DS now that it has arrived.
Sebastian said that sales have slowed significantly after the initial rush during the release window.
He explained: "Based on our recent checks, we believe that sales of the 3DS have slowed considerably since the initial launch window, although the Easter holiday could provide a near-term boost."
Screen Digest believes that, despite the slowing sales the 3DS will sell around 11.6 million units by the end of 2011.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side