Guitar Hero not canned, just on hiatus
Activision has announced that we have not seen the last of the Guitar Hero franchise, they have just put it to bed for a while.
Earlier this year Activision closed down the part of their business that dealt with the Guitar Hero games which included calling time on the DJ Hero franchise as well.
Acti's Dan Winters said: "Just to clarify, were just putting Guitar Hero on hiatus, were not ending it. Were releasing products out of the vault well continue to sustain the channel, the brand wont go away. Were just not making a new one for next year, thats all."
This is unsurprising as Guitar Hero III remains the biggest release in the US pipping even Call of Duty Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 to the post.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3