Guitar Hero not canned, just on hiatus
Activision has announced that we have not seen the last of the Guitar Hero franchise, they have just put it to bed for a while.
Earlier this year Activision closed down the part of their business that dealt with the Guitar Hero games which included calling time on the DJ Hero franchise as well.
Acti's Dan Winters said: "Just to clarify, were just putting Guitar Hero on hiatus, were not ending it. Were releasing products out of the vault well continue to sustain the channel, the brand wont go away. Were just not making a new one for next year, thats all."
This is unsurprising as Guitar Hero III remains the biggest release in the US pipping even Call of Duty Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 to the post.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon
- Former New York mayor Rudi Juliani to represent Activision in the Manuel Noriega Call of Duty: Black Ops II lawsuit
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One