Guitar Hero not canned, just on hiatus
Activision has announced that we have not seen the last of the Guitar Hero franchise, they have just put it to bed for a while.
Earlier this year Activision closed down the part of their business that dealt with the Guitar Hero games which included calling time on the DJ Hero franchise as well.
Acti's Dan Winters said: "Just to clarify, were just putting Guitar Hero on hiatus, were not ending it. Were releasing products out of the vault well continue to sustain the channel, the brand wont go away. Were just not making a new one for next year, thats all."
This is unsurprising as Guitar Hero III remains the biggest release in the US pipping even Call of Duty Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 to the post.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year