Guitar Hero not canned, just on hiatus
Activision has announced that we have not seen the last of the Guitar Hero franchise, they have just put it to bed for a while.
Earlier this year Activision closed down the part of their business that dealt with the Guitar Hero games which included calling time on the DJ Hero franchise as well.
Acti's Dan Winters said: "Just to clarify, were just putting Guitar Hero on hiatus, were not ending it. Were releasing products out of the vault well continue to sustain the channel, the brand wont go away. Were just not making a new one for next year, thats all."
This is unsurprising as Guitar Hero III remains the biggest release in the US pipping even Call of Duty Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 to the post.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side