Guitar Hero not canned, just on hiatus
Activision has announced that we have not seen the last of the Guitar Hero franchise, they have just put it to bed for a while.
Earlier this year Activision closed down the part of their business that dealt with the Guitar Hero games which included calling time on the DJ Hero franchise as well.
Acti's Dan Winters said: "Just to clarify, were just putting Guitar Hero on hiatus, were not ending it. Were releasing products out of the vault well continue to sustain the channel, the brand wont go away. Were just not making a new one for next year, thats all."
This is unsurprising as Guitar Hero III remains the biggest release in the US pipping even Call of Duty Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 to the post.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year