Secret canned Rockstar 360 game appears
Details have emerged of a secret game that Rockstar Toronto had in development for the Xbox 360.
The game, provisionally titled We Are The Mods, began its life as a spiritual successor to the PS2 game The Warriors based on the cult 70s film.
We Are The Mods seems to have been influenced by another 70s cult film, Quadrophenia. The main action was set to feature around the battle between the 1960s mods and rockers gangs.
The information on the game came courtesy of former Rockstar artist, Matt Kazan who explained: "The project had begun as a PlayStation 2 spiritual follow-up to the earlier hit 'The Warriors', but part way through the development cycle Rockstar New York asked us to switch Mods from a Sixth Generation to a Seventh Generation development, changing from the PlayStation 2 to the Xbox 360 as the primary development platform. Much of the content here reflects that change, with Mods being the first Seventh Generation project the team had worked on. It was a learning experience for everyone involved. The game was similar in design and style to "The Warriors" but set in 1960's England at the height of the "Mods" vs. "Rockers" era."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny