EA Sports: Persistent profiles coming soon
Tired of having to start a new profile every time you EA release a new sports title?
Well, very soon you won't have to as EA Sports boss has promised that the ability to migrate your profile from one sports franchise title to its next iteration is "not far away".
Moore said: "Today we're looking at a seamless experience across all our franchises. Regardless of where you are, what platform you have, what game you're playing, that you're constantly connected. [Future EA Sports games will be] connected experiences that recognize users and reward them for playing multiple games. We recognise [players] - that's the persistence - and their presence there gets its achievements and carries them from iteration to iteration. It's no longer 'buy Madden 11 and then buy Madden 12 and start from scratch', it is 'take everything that you've done and migrate it and move it along'."
He concluded: "This is how we envision the future of our industry, and this is how we at EA Sports individualise and personalise this as the future of our brand and ultimately the future of what Electronic Arts as a whole is going to do across all of its titles."
Being able to migrate your profile from your favourite sports game to the next in the series is a great idea. Let's hope that when Peter Moore says "soon" that he means this year. When we have more we'll let you know.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto