DICE labels most sandbox games boring
Battlefield developer DICE has been discussing the old sandbox versus scripting argument.
Executive producer of Battlefield 3, Patrick Bach explained that the new shooter has taken a scripted approach to the single player modes as most sandbox games are "hardcore, boring and hard to get into".
Bach said: "I don't see it as an absolute goal for all games to be sandbox games. We've been building sandbox games for quite some time and we've got pretty good at it, but I don't see that as the only way of building games, because then we wouldn't build campaigns at all."
He clarified this by adding: "In some cases they aren't, but in most cases sandbox games are hardcore, boring, hard to get into and they are not very popular."
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date