PSP jousts with the 3DS for the top spot in Japan
The PSP has bounced back after a strong launch showing by the 3DS in Japan.
Going on PSP-3000 sales alone Sony's handset came in and close second to the new 3DS with 50,479 units sold versus Nintendo's 50,710.
Factoring in the sales for the PSPGo which are a meagre 616 units is just enough to give the PSP the lead over Nintendo's new 3D machine.
The PSP's bounce back may be to do with the release of Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection although it does seem to reflect the console's impressive staying power in Japan.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today