PSP jousts with the 3DS for the top spot in Japan
The PSP has bounced back after a strong launch showing by the 3DS in Japan.
Going on PSP-3000 sales alone Sony's handset came in and close second to the new 3DS with 50,479 units sold versus Nintendo's 50,710.
Factoring in the sales for the PSPGo which are a meagre 616 units is just enough to give the PSP the lead over Nintendo's new 3D machine.
The PSP's bounce back may be to do with the release of Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection although it does seem to reflect the console's impressive staying power in Japan.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III