PSP jousts with the 3DS for the top spot in Japan
The PSP has bounced back after a strong launch showing by the 3DS in Japan.
Going on PSP-3000 sales alone Sony's handset came in and close second to the new 3DS with 50,479 units sold versus Nintendo's 50,710.
Factoring in the sales for the PSPGo which are a meagre 616 units is just enough to give the PSP the lead over Nintendo's new 3D machine.
The PSP's bounce back may be to do with the release of Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection although it does seem to reflect the console's impressive staying power in Japan.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year