PSP jousts with the 3DS for the top spot in Japan
The PSP has bounced back after a strong launch showing by the 3DS in Japan.
Going on PSP-3000 sales alone Sony's handset came in and close second to the new 3DS with 50,479 units sold versus Nintendo's 50,710.
Factoring in the sales for the PSPGo which are a meagre 616 units is just enough to give the PSP the lead over Nintendo's new 3D machine.
The PSP's bounce back may be to do with the release of Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection although it does seem to reflect the console's impressive staying power in Japan.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO